Teacher Information Pack
Thank you for booking your school camp at Narnu Farm.
We have developed the following information pack to ensure your camp runs as smoothly as possible. We have also provided a checklist to ensure everything is organised.
Camp Confirmation Form
Please ensure the Camp Confirmation Form is filled in and sent to us at LEAST 2 WEEKS prior to your camp.
This ensures we can adequately roster staff and order catering requirements for your camp.
Please download and print copies of the program appropriate to your numbers prior to coming on camp.
Students must be split into even groups.
Narnu Farm staff conduct all catering and most programmed farm activities with the exception of the Farm History Trail, sports including tennis or table tennis, the designated School Activity and general free time. School staff will need to supervise these activities.
|Camp||Number of Students||Program Required|
|1-Night FARM CAMP||20-34||1N4G: 4-Group Program|
|35-50||1N6G: 6-Group Program|
|51-70||1N8G: 8-Group Program|
|2-Night FARM CAMP||20-34||2N4G FARM: 4-Group Program|
|35-50||2N6G FARM: 6-Group Program|
|51-65||2N8G FARM: 8-Group Program|
|66-85||2N8G FARM: 8-Group Program|
|2-Night ECO ADVENTURE CAMP||20-31||2N3G ECO/W: 3-Group Program|
|32-42||2N4G ECO/W: 4-Group Program|
|43-60||2N6G ECO/W: 6-Group Program|
|2-Night FARM CAMP|
w/ Whale Centre Excursion
|20-34||2N4G FARM/W: 4-Group Program|
|35-50||2N6G FARM/W: 6-Group Program|
Information Sheets for Download
- Print our brand new Camp Booklet. All the work is done for you. Print the whole thing or just the pages you require. Please note you must print the Chicken Hatchery and Farm History trail work sheets as they are programmed activities. The rest is optional. The original or new Orienteering courses are great for your school activity.
- Chicken Hatchery Worksheet
- Farm History Trail worksheet
- Farm History Trail Map (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Orienteering Course
- Download our map and risk assessment tool
What to Bring to Camp
- Sleeping Bag, including extra blankets if required
- Drink bottle
- Bath towel and personal toiletries
- Long pants for horse riding
- Sensible covered shoes for horse riding – no ugg boots or sandals
- Insect repellant
- Sunscreen and hat
- Any special medications
- Clip board and pencil
We can cater for students only visiting for the day for $38 including meals, horse riding and other activities
We must be notified of the number of students visiting for the day prior to arrival at Narnu.
Many schools that attend Narnu Farm trust Goolwa Bus and Coach for their camp transport for their friendly services and competitive rates. Simply contact Goolwa Bus and Coach.
Schools should have bus transport arranged and scheduled to arrive at the farm by 12noon and depart at 12:30pm (after lunch at 12noon)
- Narnu Farm staff are on- site between 7am and 7pm each day and are on call after hours
- Narnu Farm staff conduct all catering and most programmed farm activities with the exception of the Farm History Trail, Adventure Course, sports, Fort Narnu, the designated School Activity and general free time. School staff will need to supervise these activities.
- Narnu Staff may seek additional School staff if help is required for safe operation of Farm Activities
- Horse riding activity is for children only
- We acknowledge the school’s overall responsibility for the care of its students
- 1 adult per 10 students can attend the camp for no extra cost (additional adults will be charged according to tariffs).
Medical and Other Emergencies
- A number of Narnu Farm staff hold First Aid Certificates
- It is our policy however to first refer these matters to school staff unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
- Schools need to provide their own FIRST AID KIT
- All camps will use the Bunkhouse facility as their primary accommodation and dining site.
- Bunkhouse sleeps up to 54 (see layout link)
- Bunkhouse is equipped with fireplace and firewood is supplied in winter months
- Toilet and shower facilities are adjacent to the Bunkhouse and have 3 showers and 2 toilets in each the male and female toilets. Toilet facilities are cleaned twice a day by Narnu Staff
- Bunkhouse is equipped with a central Fire Alarm system
- Depending on final numbers we will also provide additional accommodation sites if required.
- Upon booking any additional accommodation areas will be allocated. Please contact us as soon as possible to arrange to book additional accommodation
We have a range of activities that students can participate in for their School Activity (supervised by teachers). These include:
- Orienteering Course
- Table Tennis
- Fort/ PS Narnu nature play
- Walk to Sturt’s Monument
- Parachute games
Insurance, Police Clearance, First Aid and Qualifications
- Narnu Farm has full insurance cover
- All staff hold current National Police Clearance Certificates
- All staff hold Catholic Police Clearance Certificate
- Horse riding Instructors are qualified through Horse Safety SA
Our new Narnu Farm Kids Club was launched in February 2016. By simply joining up online students can view our horse and animal profiles, colouring in pages and activities, tips on how to go green, photo gallery, birthday club and regular competitions with prizes. Our kids club ensures enjoyment and education before and long after their school camp experience.
Click on the Kids club icon below to join.